Board of Occupational Therapy


Applications for Licensure:

Processing time for all applications is 10-15 business days, once a complete application is received.

Download the document from the File menu or print and complete the forms below.

If you have recently received your NBCOT Certification and need to apply for your first license you will need to use:

If you are currently licensed in another state/jurisdiction you will need to use:

The Occupational Therapy Licensure Compact allows eligible licensed occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants an alternative method for providing services in other member states. If you are interested in learning more about the OT Compact please use the following link:

If you have recently graduated from an accredited Occupational Therapy program and are awaiting to sit for the exam or your results, or if you have not practiced occupational therapy for more than five years, you will need to apply for a limited permit. Please use:

When you are ready to convert your limited permit to full licensure, please use:

Did your license expire over a year ago and you wish to get your license back, please use:

For licensing questions, please contact Emily McIlvaine at or (307) 777-3628.

National Practitioner Data Bank Query

The Board queries the National Practitioner Data Bank when applicants and licensees submit new and renewal applications in order to determine whether any other state has reported an adverse action against a licensed occupational therapist or any healthcare related field. By submitting this application and by remaining licensed with the Board, you agree that the Board may submit these queries and take appropriate disciplinary action based on information these queries reveal.